RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE:RNG), a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, video meetings, collaboration, and contact center solutions, today announced that it ranked first in this year’s Omdia Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) Scorecard. The annual Omdia report evaluates the top North American UCaaS providers, based on market share, financial stability, market momentum, service development, and customer reviews. RingCentral topped the rankings for the fifth consecutive year.
“RingCentral finished another strong year, solidifying its place as the UCaaS market share leader and the leader of this year’s Scorecard. As of year-end 2020, no other provider comes close to RingCentral in terms of installed base of UCaaS seats,” said Diane Myers, chief analyst at Omdia. “Even with the largest installed base, it kept pace with average market growth, which helps it stay ahead of the competition in a tight field. Additionally, RingCentral had an impressive year with product development outpacing most of the competition on new capabilities and integrations across the board as it expanded its base of strategic service providers and vendor resale partners.”
The 2021 Omdia UCaaS Scorecard highlights a number of key strengths for RingCentral:
- Innovation: RingCentral operates its own platform with continued enhanced service development but is not averse to technology acquisition. The company acquired DeepAffects in December 2020 for video AI and Kindite in March 2021 for cloud security; both areas of growing importance as businesses move forward with larger remote workforces that require secure solutions and enhanced video interactions.
- Collaboration: The acquisition of Glip in 2015 gave RingCentral key team collaboration capabilities. In April 2020, RingCentral launched RingCentral Video® which it developed over the past several years for full video conferencing capabilities, with features including transcriptions, backgrounds, closed captioning, display options, and the Glip® collaboration capabilities. RingCentral Video has been fully integrated with RingCentral Office® and is offered as a freemium standalone meeting and message offering. RingCentral offers a true collaborative Message. Video. Phone.™ (MVP™) solution.
- Integration capabilities: RingCentral has led the way in integration of team collaboration and meetings within its core Office stack and a wide range of user interfaces including a browser-based application with WebRTC, and native applications for iOS and Android.
- Open APIs: RingCentral has opened up its platform by exposing APIs for developers. Developers can choose to build integrations as one of two types: private and public. These allow customers and partners to integrate with the RingCentral platform and develop levels of customization.
- Contact Center: RingCentral offers a cloud contact center through partnership with NICE CXone, which is tightly integrated with the company’s Office product as a unified solution. RingCentral provides the telephony, service and support, and hosting for the contact center offering. Contact center is a key area of focus for most UC cloud providers to drive more revenue per customer and is proving to be a key growth area for RingCentral.
“We are honored to be ranked number one for the fifth year in a row by Omdia. It’s a great reflection of the positive impact our people are having with customers and partners every single day,” said Nat Natarajan, executive vice president of Products and Engineering for RingCentral. “As we shift into a different hybrid world of work, a cloud-based business communications platform with message, video, and phone enables people to connect in any mode, on any device, anywhere to get things done.”
Results are based on the 2021 Omdia UCaaS Scorecard. For more information, please view this complimentary excerpt.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™ (MVP™) platform. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premise PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral offers three key products in its portfolio including RingCentral Office®, a Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) platform including team messaging, video meetings, and a cloud phone system, Glip® the company's free video meetings solution with team messaging that enables Smart Video Meetings™, and RingCentral cloud Contact Center solutions. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading third party business applications and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
© 2021 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. RingCentral, Message. Video. Phone., MVP, RingCentral Office, RingCentral Video, Glip, Smart Video Meetings, and the RingCentral logo are trademarks of RingCentral, Inc.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210518005341/en/