The Independent Collection is set to maintain strong growth with luxury and lifestyle experiences
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announces continued global growth of its Independent Collection brands, including recent openings and a strong development pipeline through 2025 across The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt and JdV by Hyatt brands. This collection of brands encompasses diverse properties, each true to its destination and offers the modern traveler enriching luxury and lifestyle experiences in new and exciting ways.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221205005111/en/
Exterior view of 7Pines Resort Sardinia, a hotel within Hyatt's Destination by Hyatt collection of independent hotels. (Photo: Business Wire)
“Each brand in the Independent Collection offers distinct properties that are all unique and feature one-of-a-kind experiences for every occasion with more than 100 properties worldwide across all three brands – from on-site beekeeping and aerial yoga at Rancho Pescadero, part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, to embracing local history in Kelso, United Kingdom at Schloss Roxburghe Golf Hotel, part of the Destination by Hyatt brand,” said Katie Johnson, global brand leader, Independent Collection, Hyatt. “We are excited to continue adding new luxury and lifestyle hotels on an even greater scale globally with openings in new key leisure markets like Mexico”
“Through our intentional long-term growth strategy and by working closely with owners, Hyatt boasts five years of industry-leading net rooms growth driven by our unique position against the competition,” said Jim Chu, chief growth officer, Hyatt. “Hyatt is able to better care for luxury and leisure travelers and our award-winning loyalty program, World of Hyatt, has grown 20% in the past 12 months alone, delivering record levels of high-quality revenue to our owners.”
Create One-of-a-Kind Stories at The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand is more than a compilation of one-of-a-kind hotels, each of the 35 properties are a thoughtful curation of stories worth collecting. Whether couples are craving a romantic getaway, well-traveled connoisseurs are looking to add another trip to their collection or friends are seeking to craft unforgettable memories, they will find it in destinations that matter most to them.
Planned 2023 and Beyond Openings
- NUMU (San Miguel de Allende, Mexico): Guests can discover the beauty, charm and history of San Miguel de Allende at this 44-room unique boutique hotel, slated to open in early 2023. With three onsite dining options and the new room key in Apple Wallet feature, NUMU will mark the first Hyatt property in San Miguel de Allende.
- Grand Hansa Hotel (Helsinki, Finland): Slated to open in summer 2023, the Grand Hansa Hotel will join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, as the first Hyatt branded hotel in Finland. Positioned in the very heart of Helsinki on Mannerheimintie, the hotel will be a fascinating fusion of heritage, modern elegance and luxury with 219 rooms and five suites, presenting guests with elevated luxury through contemporary finishes, keyless access and high-end amenities.
- Noor-Us-Sabah Palace (Bhopal, India): One of Bhopal’s oldest and most sought-after hotels, Noor-Us-Sabah Palace will undergo extensive refurbishment and is slated to debut as a 60-room heritage hotel in 2025. Bhopal’s history and the Noor-Us-Sabah Palace’s rich Nawabi heritage makes it a perfect addition to The Unbound Collection by Hyatt portfolio.
- Hotel in development (Crans-Montana, Switzerland) The luxurious 41-room boutique hotel is expected to join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt in December 2023 and will inspire unforgettable memories with its Swiss Chalet cuisine and front row sporting experiences. The property is located in Crans Montana, one of the most prestigious and well-established year-round mountain destinations in the Swiss Alps and is also known for one of the most important golf tournaments on European soil.
- Hyatt also plans to add its second property as part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt in Tokyo, Japan in 2023.
- Kissel Uptown Oakland (Oakland, California), March 2022
- Hotel La Compañia (Panama City, Panama), April 2022
- Magma Resort Santorini (Santorini, Greece), August 2022
- La Zambra (Málaga, Spain), September 2022
- Fuji Speedway Hotel (Shizuoka, Japan), October 2022
- Grayson Hotel (New York, New York), November 2022
- Rancho Pescadero (Los Cabos, Mexico), November 2022
Discover Authentic Experiences at Destination by Hyatt
The Destination by Hyatt brand is a diverse collection of 55+ independent hotels, resorts and residences that are individual at heart yet connected by a commitment to embody the true spirit of each location.
Planned 2023 and Beyond Openings
- Banyan Cay Resort and Golf (West Palm Beach, Florida): Expected to open in Summer 2023, this 18-hole signature golf resort will mark entry of the Destination by Hyatt brand in Florida. Dive into the crystal-clear waters of two resort pools, enjoy three in-house gourmet restaurants, and pamper yourself at the soothing full-service exclusive spa.
- The Grand Resort Qingchengshan (China): Set to join the Destination by Hyatt brand, this 231-room resort will be situated in the vicinity of two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Mount Qingcheng, one of the ancient cradles of Taoism in China with over 2000 years of history, and the time-honored Dujiangyan a hydro-engineering project built during the Qin Dynasty. Blessed with spectacular scenery, the area is a popular weekend getaway for city dwellers, located less than two hours outside Chengdu and conveniently accessible by road and high-speed rail.
- Austria Haus (Vail, Colorado), June 2022
- 7Pines Sardinia Resort (Sardinia, Italy), July 2022
- Schloss Roxburghe Golf Hotel (Kelso, United Kingdom), November 2022
Connect to the Neighborhood at JdV by Hyatt
The JdV by Hyatt brand offers a collection of more than 20 vibrant, independent hotels that are true reflections of the urban neighborhoods they call home. Embracing the brand’s namesake (joie de vivre), JdV by Hyatt hotels invite guests and locals alike to connect, live in the moment and celebrate the joy of life.
Planned 2023 and Beyond Openings
- The Pell (Middletown, Rhode Island): Located minutes from Newport and slated to open early 2023, The Pell will mark the first JdV by Hyatt hotel in Rhode Island and provide easy access to Newport’s famous beaches, mansions, historic landmarks, walking trails, and wineries. After a day of exploring or sunbathing on the beach, guests can relax in the library, or enjoy American coastal cuisine and a curated cocktail menu at the onsite restaurant, The Helmway.
- FirstName Bordeaux (Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France): Slated to open early 2023, featuring a collaborative spirit, feel-good outlook and innovative approach to hotel experiences. Located in the heart of the historic port city, the 147-guestroom hotel will be a true reflection of its neighborhood, encouraging guests to discover local delights at their own pace.
- FILA HOUSE Shanghai (China): Expected to open in 2024, FILA HOUSE Shanghai will make its mark on the global stage as the inaugural FILA-branded hotel in the world and will bring a vibrant new experience to the local hotel scene.
- Ronil (Baga, India): Set on 1.6-acres in Baga, India, this JdV by Hyatt hotel will join three other Hyatt hotels in the region: Alila Diwa Goa, Grand Hyatt Goa and Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa. The 125-guestroom hotel will also house two dining outlets and two outdoor pools for a leisure getaway in the coast.
- Hyatt recently announced an exclusive collaboration agreement with Lindner Hotels relating to the Lindner Hotels & Resorts and the me and all hotels brands located in key cities across Germany and other European countries. This collaboration is expected to add more than 30 vibrant hotels and add approximately 5,500 rooms to Hyatt’s portfolio. The majority of these hotels will be included within the JdV by Hyatt portfolio, and the hotels are expected to join World of Hyatt in the near future.
- EPISODE Hsinchu (Hsinchu City, Taiwan), November 2022
To learn more about Hyatt’s Independent Collection brands, please visit: https://www.hyatt.com/brands/hyatt-independent-collections.
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company guided by its purpose – to care for people so they can be their best. As of September 30, 2022, the Company’s portfolio included more than 1,200 hotels and all-inclusive properties in 72 countries across six continents. The Company's offering includes brands in the Timeless Collection, including Park Hyatt®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, and UrCove; the Boundless Collection, including Miraval®, Alila®, Andaz®, Thompson Hotels®, Hyatt Centric®, and Caption by Hyatt; the Independent Collection, including The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Destination by Hyatt™, and JdV by Hyatt™; and the Inclusive Collection, including Hyatt Ziva®, Hyatt Zilara®, Zoëtry® Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets® Resorts & Spas, Breathless Resorts & Spas®, Dreams® Resorts & Spas, Vivid Hotels & Resorts®, Alua Hotels & Resorts®, and Sunscape® Resorts & Spas. Subsidiaries of the Company operate the World of Hyatt® loyalty program, ALG Vacations®, Unlimited Vacation Club®, Amstar DMC destination management services, and Trisept Solutions® technology services. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
Forward-Looking Statements in this press release, which are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Our actual results, performance or achievements may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of words such as “may,” “could,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “seek,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “potential,” “continue,” “likely,” “will,” “would” and variations of these terms and similar expressions, or the negative of these terms or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by us and our management, are inherently uncertain. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations include, but are not limited to, risks associated with the acquisition of Apple Leisure Group, including successful integration of the Apple Leisure Group business; the duration and severity of the COVID-19 pandemic or any additional resurgence and the pace of recovery following the pandemic or any additional resurgence; the short and long-term effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, including on the demand for travel, transient and group business, and levels of consumer confidence; the impact of actions taken by governments, businesses, or individuals in response to the COVID-19 pandemic or any additional resurgence on global and regional economies, travel limitations or bans, and economic activity; the ability of third-party owners, franchisees, or hospitality venture partners to successfully navigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic or any additional resurgence; general economic uncertainty in key global markets and a worsening of global economic conditions or low levels of economic growth; the rate and the pace of economic recovery following economic downturns; global supply chain constraints and interruptions, rising costs of construction-related labor and materials, and increases in costs due to inflation or other factors that may not be fully offset by increases in revenues in our business; risks affecting the luxury, resort, and all-inclusive lodging segments; levels of spending in business, leisure, and group segments as well as consumer confidence; declines in occupancy and average daily rate; limited visibility with respect to future bookings; loss of key personnel; domestic and international political and geo-political conditions, including political or civil unrest or changes in trade policy; hostilities, or fear of hostilities, including future terrorist attacks, that affect travel; travel-related accidents; natural or man-made disasters such as earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, wildfires, oil spills, nuclear incidents, and global outbreaks of pandemics or contagious diseases, or fear of such outbreaks; our ability to successfully achieve certain levels of operating profits at hotels that have performance tests or guarantees in favor of our third-party owners; the impact of hotel renovations and redevelopments; risks associated with our capital allocation plans, share repurchase program, and dividend payments, including a reduction in, or elimination or suspension of, repurchase activity or dividend payments; the seasonal and cyclical nature of the real estate and hospitality businesses; changes in distribution arrangements, such as through internet travel intermediaries; changes in the tastes and preferences of our customers; relationships with colleagues and labor unions and changes in labor laws; the financial condition of, and our relationships with, third-party property owners, franchisees, and hospitality venture partners; the possible inability of third-party owners, franchisees, or development partners to access capital necessary to fund current operations or implement our plans for growth; risks associated with potential acquisitions and dispositions and the introduction of new brand concepts; the timing of acquisitions and dispositions and our ability to successfully integrate completed acquisitions with existing operations; failure to successfully complete proposed transactions (including the failure to satisfy closing conditions or obtain required approvals); our ability to successfully execute on our strategy to expand our management and franchising business while at the same time reducing our real estate asset base within targeted timeframes and at expected values; declines in the value of our real estate assets; unforeseen terminations of our management or franchise agreements; changes in federal, state, local, or foreign tax law; increases in interest rates, wages, and other operating costs; foreign exchange rate fluctuations or currency restructurings; lack of acceptance of new brands or innovation; general volatility of the capital markets and our ability to access such markets; changes in the competitive environment in our industry, including as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, industry consolidation, and the markets where we operate; our ability to successfully grow the World of Hyatt loyalty program and Unlimited Vacation Club paid membership program; cyber incidents and information technology failures; outcomes of legal or administrative proceedings; violations of regulations or laws related to our franchising business; and other risks discussed in the Company’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including our annual report on Form 10-K and our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, which filings are available from the SEC. These factors are not necessarily all of the important factors that could cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed in or implied by any of our forward-looking statements. We caution you not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are made only as of the date of this press release. We undertake no obligation to update publicly any of these forward-looking statements to reflect actual results, new information or future events, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking statements, except to the extent required by applicable law. If we update one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that we will make additional updates with respect to those or other forward-looking statements.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221205005111/en/