Arca Continental, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV:AC*) (“Arca Continental” or “AC”), the second-largest Coca-Cola bottler in Latin America, announced today its results for the third quarter and first nine months of 2015 (“3Q15” & “9M15”).
Table 1: Financial Highlights
|Data in millions of Mexican pesos|
|3Q15||3Q14||Variation %||Jan - Sep '15||Jan - Sep '14||Variation %|
|Total Beverage Volume (MUC)||397.0||352.2||12.7||1,047.6||994.2||5.4|
|Total Beverage Volume includes jug water|
|EBITDA = Operating income + Depreciation + Amortization + Non Recurring Expenses|
THIRD QUARTER 2015 (3Q15) HIGHLIGHTS
- Net sales reached Ps. 20,695 million, 26.0% higher than 3Q14.
- EBITDA was Ps. 4,702 million, 25.8% above 3Q14, representing a margin of 22.7%.
- Net income grew 14.1% to Ps. 2,088 million for a net margin of 10.1%.
NINE-MONTHS 2015 (9M15) HIGHLIGHTS
- Net sales reached Ps. 54,013 million, 18% higher than 9M14.
- EBITDA was Ps. 11,965 million, 17.1% above 9M14, for a 22.2% margin.
- Net income grew 13.5% to Ps. 5,591 million for a net margin of 10.4%.
COMMENTS FROM THE CEO
"We're very satisfied to report that after only a few weeks since forming the alliance with Corporacion Lindley, the positive trend in our operations continues to be reflected in our results, with 12.7% growth in our volume, leading revenues and EBITDA increases of 26% and 25.8%, respectively in the quarter. At the same time we initiated the process of integrating the best practices and experience of both companies to capitalize on opportunities, strengthen our leadership and continue building a platform of sustainable growth," stated Francisco Garza Egloff, Chief Executive Officer of Arca Continental.
"Maintaining excellent service to our customers and consumers, thanks to the experience gained in previous transactions, in Peru we are making progress in the identification of efficiencies and value creating opportunities, driven by a fully focused and dedicated team," he added.
- On July 30, 2015, Moody’s issued Arca Continental a “A2” rating, highlighting the Company’s leadership and quality of operations. The ratings agency mentioned the solid profitability, strong credit metrics, cash flow generation, and the discipline and creation of value during its acquisitions processes.
- This year, Topo Chico celebrates its 120th anniversary with a renewed image. The successful brand in Mexico and the U.S. strengthened its leadership and preference among its consumers.
- The construction of a new production center began in Corrientes, Argentina. This plant joins the other three production plants and 25 distribution centers operating in Argentina.
For a full version of this earnings release with financial statements, go to: http://www.arcacontal.com/investors.aspx
CONFERENCE CALL INFORMATION
Arca Continental will host a conference call on October 23, 2015 to discuss these results at 11:00 am Mexico/Monterrey time / 12:00 am New York time. A live webcast of this event is available at www.arcacontal.com or connect via telephone by dialing:
To participate, please dial:
+1-877-712-5080 (U.S. participants)
+1-334-245-3009 (International participants)
About Arca Continental
Arca Continental produces, distributes and sells non-alcoholic beverages under The Coca-Cola Company brand, as well as snacks under the brands of Bokados in Mexico, Inalecsa in Ecuador and Wise in the U.S. with an outstanding history spanning more than 85 years, Arca Continental is the second-largest Coca-Cola bottler in Latin America and one of the largest in the world. Within its Coca-Cola franchise territory, the Company serves over 83 million consumers in Northern and Western Mexico, Ecuador, Peru and Northern Argentina. The Company’s shares trade on the Mexican Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "AC". For more information on Arca Continental, please visit www.arcacontal.com or download the AC Investor iPad app.
This material may contain forward-looking statements regarding Arca Continental and its subsidiaries based on management’s expectations. This information as well as statements regarding future events and expectations is subject to risks and uncertainties, as well as factors that could cause the results, performance and achievements of the Company to differ at any time. Such factors include changes in the general economic, political, governmental and commercial conditions both domestically and globally, as well as variations in interest rates, inflation rates, exchange rate volatility, tax rates, the demand for and the price of carbonated beverages, water, and the price of sugar and other raw materials used in the production of sparkling beverages, weather conditions and various others. As a result of these risks and factors, actual results could be materially different from the estimates provided; therefore, Arca Continental does not accept responsibility for any variations or for the information provided by official sources.
Ulises Fernández de Lara, 52 (81) 8151-1525
Juan Hawach Sánchez, 52 (81) 8151-1547
i-advize Corporate Communications
Melanie Carpenter, 212-406-3692
Guillermo Garza, 52 (81) 8151-1589