SOURCE: Grupo Financiero Banorte
December 17, 2012 /3BL Media/ - On November 29th, Banorte-Ixe received from the Mexican Association of Communicators (AMCO) the "Award of Merit" due to its internal communication campaign on diversity and labor inclusion.
This campaign, that seeks to create a culture of diversity and inclusion among employees, promoting also equality and non-discrimination, is one of the first initiatives of the Banorte-Ixe Inclusion Program.
As a starting point, the campaign has focused on the following:
• Micro-site about diversity in the Human Resources intranet that includes an awareness presentation, and educational information.
• Pop-ups in the Human Resources intranet, with phrases and images related to the campaign.
• Glossary of appropriate terms for disabilities, and concepts related to diversity approved by CONAPRED (National Council to Prevent Discrimination) and CONADIS (National Advice for the Persons with Disability).
• Mailing to employees of e-postcards related to the campaign.
• Campaign posters placed in certain corporate buildings.
It is important to note that Banorte-Ixe’s Inclusion Program performance has not been only internal. This past September, Grupo Financiero Banorte and Universidad Tecnológica Santa Catarina signed a collaboration agreement that seeks joint efforts to promote workforce inclusion of students with disabilities. The University professionally prepares and connects these students to career opportunities.
Also, in September, Grupo Financiero Banorte received the membership certificate to the Movimiento Congruencia, a business initiative that seeks to promote and facilitate social and labor inclusion of persons with disabilities.
Seeking to contribute to building a more just and equitable country, Banorte-Ixe will continue taking firm steps to permeate, among the employees of the institution, a culture in favor of diversity, inclusion, equality and non-discrimination. To Make Mexico Stronger.
KEYWORDS: People, Social Action & Community Engagement, diversity and inclusion, equality, non-discrimination, Persons with Disabilities, labor inclusion, csr, CR, Banorte-Ixe